1. Make Exercise an Important Part of Your Life. Regular exercise should be a top priority in all of our lives. Make the time to exercise because you’ll never find the time. Decide today that you will not compromise or make excuses when it comes to exercise.
2. Set Short and Long-Term Goals. Setting goals is good practice in business, personal finances, relationships and it works well with exercise too. Put your health and fitness goals in writing and review them daily. An example of a short-term goal may be to develop a good habit by working out regularly for two weeks straight. Another goal may be to lose a certain amount of weight or improve muscle tone and body composition.
3. Take Measurements. Create your personal ‘before and after’ ad. Weigh yourself and use a tape measure to take measurements of your neck, chest, waist, hips, and thighs at the start of your exercise program. Write down the measurements. After 60 days of regular exercise, take the same measurements again and compare the results.
4. Choose an Exercise Program That’s Right for You. There is something for everyone when it comes to exercise. It does not matter how old you are or what condition you are in when you begin. The key is to start slowly and choose a program that interests you.
5. Visualize Success. Picture yourself finishing a workout and feeling really great about it. Visualize yourself achieving your goals and the confidence you will have from this accomplishment. If you believe it, you can achieve it.
6. Keep a Journal. It always helps to plan and think on paper. In your own health and fitness notebook, write down your goals, workout schedule, progress and diet information. It also helps to include any obstacles you may encounter in order to overcome them and get back on track.
7. Use the Buddy System. Studies have shown that people who make exercising a social event, stick with it longer. Encourage a spouse, friend or co-worker to join you when you work out. Offer to join a friend when they exercise.
8. Variety, Variety, Variety. Use your imagination to keep your workouts interesting. Create a workout music soundtrack with your favorite songs. Change the environment from time to time. Exercise with different people. Sign up for a new fitness class.
9. Challenge Yourself. Our bodies are capable of performing great feats and accomplishing more than what we believe possible. After an exercise session, tell yourself that you are great today. And challenge yourself that you will be even better tomorrow.
10. Reward Yourself. Take credit for all of the good things that you have accomplished – small and large. After reaching a goal, treat yourself by purchasing a new outfit, getting a massage at the spa or having a healthy dinner with family and friends.
What tips can you share with us? List them below!
#womenshealth #menshealth # #fatloss #musclegain #personaltrainers #bodycomposition #diet #mentalhealth #agingadults #heathyeating #bonehealth #ikaikafitness